When you take communion think on these things: “For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do proclaim the Lord’s death till he comes.” (Heb 8:6, 10)
You are to remember that because of His death you are now restored to the original position given to man in the garden of Eden.
“For a testament is of force after men are dead: …. dedicated with blood.” (1 Cor 11:26, Heb 9:17)
By raising from the dead, Jesus gave us victory over death. It cannot come in our room and take us any time it wants.
Here are some scripture references of victory over death
- “…who hath abolished death,” (2 Tim 1:10, Heb 2:14)
- Death is under our feet and we are to rule over it. “…put all enemies under his feet.
- The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death” (1 Cor 15-26)
- “Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.” (Rom 6:7-8)
- “For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.” (Col 3:3)
- “For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death” (Rom 8:2)
Meditate on the following scriptures as you take communion.
1. I have a RELATIONSHIP and fellowship with God. I have no condemnation. I come boldly to the throne. 19 In Him having made know to me the mystery of His will.20
2. POSITION AND POWER, AUTHORITY. According to Gen 1:28, I rule and have dominion and subdue this earth. I am a co-laborer with God. “For if by one man’s offense death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ” (Ps 45:6) “a scepter of Righteousness is the scepter of Your KINGDOM” (Is 32:1)
3. “A king shall reign in righteousness and in judgment of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end…. And upon his kingdom to order it and establish it with judgment and justice” (Is 9:7) “NOW is the judgment of this world, now the ruler of this world will be cast out” (John 12:31) “His kingdom rules over all.” (Ps 103:19) “His kingdom is in me, in Righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.” (Rom 14:17) “Christ… seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places far above all principality, power, might, dominion and every name that is named… and put all things under His feet. and raised us up together and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus” (Eph 2:6) “a righteous branch and a king shall reign and prosper and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth” (Jer 23:5).
4. WEALTH- The Lord… “Gives you power to get wealth to establish His covenant. Houses and riches are an INHERITANCE from FATHERS.” (Deut 8:18) Christ redeemed me from the curse of the law…SO THAT “the blessings of Abraham would come on me.” (Gal 3:13, Prov 19:14) GRACE of “…Jesus that though he was rich yet for your sake he became poor that you through his poverty MIGHT BE RICH” (2 Cor 8:9) “He meets all my needs according to His riches in GLORY.” (Phil 4:19)
5. SUPERNATURAL —I was raised with Christ, so I SEEK those things which are ABOVE where Christ is SITTING AT the RIGHT HAND of GOD, found in Colassians 3:1-2 and Ephesians 2:22. I set my mind on things above. I am a dwelling place of God in the Spirit. “He is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think according to the power that works in us” (Eph 3:20) “through the blood of the …covenant make you complete in every good work to do His will” (Heb 13:20-21) It’s been given to me to KNOW the MYSTERIES of the KINGDOM OF HEAVEN, according to Matt 13:11.
By Robin Bremer, Excerpts from “Pursuing the Kingdom Mandate” coming in a few weeks. Copyright 2013 Robin Bremer
Tomorrow I will have a GUEST BLOGGER. A women’s Internet Magazine. I think you will like it! Check in tomorrow and see what they have to share.