(Matt 14:25) For the kingdom of heaven is as a man traveling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods… And unto one he gave five talents (COINS, MONEY), to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey. After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED
And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have GAINED beside them five talents more.
THE MASTER’S REACTION:
- Well done, thou good and faithful servant
- faithful over a few things,
- I will make thee ruler over many things:
- enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
THE SAME THING WAS REPEATED WITH THE SERVANT OF TWO TALENTS
The servant with the one talent:
- I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent
THE REACTION OF THE MASTER TOWARD THE SERVANT WHO GAINED NOTHING:
- Thou wicked and slothful servant,
- Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury (INTEREST).
- Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
- cast ye the UNPROFITABLE servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
I find it fascinating that the “Prosperity Gospel” is one of the biggest things people get angry over. The mentality over this is simply SILLY! Why would anyone think that God is poor or that He wants His kids poor? If they just looked at themselves working so hard to give their kids a BETTER life, our Daddy is better and richer and much more generous.
They love their kids and want to get them all they desire and more IF they can afford it. Well, God is the same way; He wants His kids to have all their hearts’ desires as long as they love Him and NOT money. God is love and love always gives to the object of their love!
It takes money to share the gospel. It takes money to feed the poor. It takes money to be a godly representative of what and who God is. We are the answer to the world’s problems; we are to help in all the events and disasters that are about to happen to this planet as it folds up under the weight of sin. We need abundance so we can give abundantly!Google+