How do I get peace in my life?
The Kingdom of PEACE
The kingdom of God is… Righteousness, PEACE and joy in the Holy Spirit. (Rom 14:17)
God’s will is for you to live on earth, as you will in heaven. God wants you to have peace in every area of your life. Let me take you back to the beginning and show you how God planned a great carefree life for you.
1. He created the day and night and said, “It is good!” The night was not created to hide evil. The day and the night were good. (Gen 1:3-5)
2. God created the earth’s atmosphere and He said, “It is good!”
He did not create the atmosphere for the principalities, powers, and rulers in heavenly places to have dominion over us. He did not create what man calls, “Acts of God.” God does not control the weather. He created it perfect for our comfort. (Gen 1:6-8)
3. God gathered the waters and called them sea and He saw that, “It is good.” He did not create the shark to have dominion in the waters or the jellyfish to sting us. He created everything in the waters, GOOD
4.God created plant life and said, “It is good!” He did not created poison oak or ivy or any plant to hurt us. (Gen 1:11-13)
5.He created the moon and sun so we could see and He said, “It is good!” He did not create the sun and moon to be worshiped. (Gen 1:14-19)
6. God created the animals in the sea, air and on the ground and He said, “It is good!” None of the animals were created to hurt us in any way. The snake, black widow, grizzly, cougar or any other animal were created good and NOT to hurt us. They were there to bless us. God created all things for us to enjoy and for us to have an abundant life. Because of man’s fall, the devil took what was good and twisted it to make something perverted to use against us to kill, steal and destroy (John 10:10) (Gen 1:20-23)
7. God created man in, “Our image and likeness.” He told us to, “Subdue and have dominion over ALL the earth.” We are created to be God’s kids. He said about us, “It is VERY GOOD!” His kids are just like their Father, we rule and reign without words. We are to be kings on this earth and bring our Daddy’s will to earth by the kingdom in us. Everything on earth that is NOT righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit is to be brought in line through the Holy Spirit in us! (Rom 14:17) (Gen 1:26-31)
8. God put GOLD and GEMSTONES ON earth for us. He wanted us to see them on the top of the ground, not have to dig up the ground and search for them. Gemstones and Gold are IN the earth because of the fall of man. They used to be ON the earth, we didn’t have to dig for them; they were not hidden from us. (Gen 2:11-12)
9. We were created to have FELLOWSHIP with the Lord. When Jesus died in our place and took our punishment for us, it brought us back into fellowship with God. We can now expect to have a daily relationship with Him. God restored us to the place of His kids! God is a chatterbox, He never shuts up. In my relationship with Him, He is always talking, sometimes so much I say, Wait I need to write this down. I found out a secret! The more time you spend praying in tongues, the more you hear from God. Do you want to know WHY? Because you are getting past your own logical, analytical mind, and religious thinking and into the Spirit of God and praying HIS PREFECT WILL (HEAVEN ON EARTH FOR YOU). Now, if I can have this type of relationship with God, so can you! Jesus said I can only do what I SEE My Father do. (Gen 2:8-16)
10. God planted a garden FOR US. It was pleasant to sight and good for FOOD! God want to be our God and take care of us. Cast your cares on Him for He cares for you. If we seek first the kingdom of God ALL these THINGS will be added to us.
He created the planets for us and earth for us to rule and have dominion just like our Father does in heaven. He made a place for His kids to copy Him.
Earth is a copy of heaven. The things God created on earth are in heaven. There are horses in heaven, trees, rivers, streets, houses, mountains, and a city. People work and worship in heaven. In heaven, people lift up theirhands, and bow down, and shout and worship Jesus. If you don’t do these things now, you’re not going to enjoy heaven! Get rid of a religious sprit and start having a relationship with the Holy Spirit. Remember, Jesus is seated at the right hand of God and He sent back the Holy Spirit as His representative to live and work in you. Change your life today by receiving the Holy Spirit and begin to speak in tongues. Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. Tongues is a powerful tool God gave us to have power on earth. God wants you to have peace in every area of your life. The kingdom of God brings peace!
The following list is some Bible scriptures that talk about peace and what it is according to God ‘s definition.
What is Peace According to The Bible
The Old Testament word peace, Shalom, means completeness, soundness, welfare, peace, safety, soundness (in body), welfare, health, prosperity, nothing broken or missing.
The New Testament word peace, Eirēnē, means security, safety, prosperity, peace and harmony, make and keep things safe and prosperous (salvation).
There are many words used in the Bible that say, “peace,” but the scriptures in this chapter all mean one of the above meanings for peace. All the scriptures below have the word peace in them and are God’s description of peace.
Here a few scriptures of God’s definition of PEACE.
1. …his countenance upon thee (Num 6:26)
in the land, … lie down, and none shall make you afraid: …I will rid evil beasts out of 2. … those things which are needful to the body (Jms 2:16)
3. …none moved his tongue against any of the children of Israel. (Josh 10:21)
4. …the LORD is your way wherein ye go. (Judges 18:6)
5…grant thee thy petition that thou hast asked of him. (1 Sam 1:17)
6. …made thee whole; …be whole of thy plague. (Mark 5:34)
peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds. 7.…through Christ Jesus. (Phil 4:7)
8. …saved thee (Luke 7:50)
9….peace always by all means. (2 Thess 3:16)
10…might have peace. In the world … overcome the world. (John 16:33)
11…to reconcile all things unto himself; (Col 1:20)
12. He hath delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me: (Ps 55:18)
13. in thy borders, and filleth thee with the finest of the wheat. (Ps 147:14)
14. For length of days, and long life. (Prov 3:2)
15. ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace. (Prov 3:17)
16. And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children. (Is 54:13)
17. In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee
18. for he will speak peace unto his people, and to his saints: (Ps 85:8)
19. will cause the evil beasts to cease out of the land: and they shall dwell safely in the wilderness. (Ezek 34:25)
20. round about my hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing (Ezek 34:25)
COVENANT OF PEACE
The first time I find the mention of the peace is in the sacrifice. Lets take a look at the true meaning of a peace offering.
A peace offering in the Old Testament was a voluntary sacrifice of thanks, praising and giving thanks. Shalt sacrifice … thy peace offerings…: in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee. (Ex 20:24)
Our covenant is a covenant of PEACE and Jesus is our peace offering (sacrifice)
I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light (demonstration and revelation) of the Gentiles; (Is 42:6)
1. To open the blind eyes,
2 To bring out the prisoners from the prison,
3. TO (BRING OUT) them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.
Our covenant is a covenant of PEACE. It will open blind eyes and set people free.
It looks like this is what happens in a revival!
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me (WITH JOY)
to preach the gospel to the poor;
1. he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted,
2.to preach deliverance to the captives,
3. and recovering of sight to the blind,
4. to set at liberty them that are bruised,
5. To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. (Luke 4:18-19)
Our covenant is GOOD NEWS! God wants us to have all we need and desire so that we can have peace and bring peace to others.
Is 52:7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings (we demonstrate that good news)
1. that publisheth peace;
2. that bringeth good tidings of good,
3. that publisheth salvation;
4. that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
In this scripture it shows us that salvation is peace! It is peace because of our restored relationship with God. We now can change any of our circumstance that don’t line up with the word to be made JUST and RIGHT. Salvation here is the Hebrew word, “yeshooaw.” It means saved, deliverance, victory, prosperity, health, and welfare.
Jesus took on the cross the punishment that we needed to have PEACE.
Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows…But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. (Is 53:4-5
Peace is a result of the finished work of Jesus. Peace is a power that works through our righteousness. When you know who you are in Christ because of what He did for you, then the fruit of righteousness will be peace.
And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever. (Is 32:17)
It is soooo important for you to understand and walk in your righteousness (in Christ).
We have a covenant of peace on earth as long as we are here, no matter what part of the timetable we are in. There is no need to fear what is happening on earth because when we are kingdom-minded and righteousness-minded, we will enforce the goodness of God on earth. We have a covenant of peace.
(be not removed) neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD. (Is 54:10) My covenant was with him of life and peace (Mal 2:5)
Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them… My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people. (Ezek 37:26)
Our covenant of peace is our feet walking in authority
Jesus came to guide our feet into the way of peace. In the redemptive work of the cross, Jesus put all things under his feet. (Luke 1:79) (1 Cor 15:27)
And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church (Eph 1:22) We are the body of Christ and our job through the Holy Spirit is to put all things under our feet. Every enemy of sickness, disease, poverty, lack, fear, all enemies.
For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. (WE ARE HIS FEET)
This is what Jesus did as a covenant of peace (1 Cor 15:25) The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me (WITH joy) to:
1. preach good tidings unto the meek;
2. he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
3. to proclaim liberty to the captives,
4. and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
5. To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD,
6. and the day of vengeance of our God;
7. to comfort all that mourn;
8. To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion,
9. to give unto them beauty for ashes,
10. the oil of joy for mourning,
11. the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
12. that they might be called trees of righteousness, (we are trees of righteousness)
13. the planting of the LORD,
14. (WHY) HE MIGHT BE GLORIFIED! (Is 61:1-3)
He told us to GO into all the world….. and …signs would follow us.
Peace is part of our ARMOR, IT MAKES YOU strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might and makes you stand against the wiles of the devil
And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet. (Rom 16:20)
Finally, my brethren,
be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Put on the whole amour of God,
that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil…
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace (Eph 6:10-15)
Both peace and righteousness are part of the armor of God we are to put on to be strong in the Lord and the POWER OF HIS MIGHT. Both peace and righteousness are part of the kingdom also. Because we put on righteousness and peace, we walk in power. All things are under our feet because we have been made right with God.
Remember, you are light and light always dispels darkness. Part of that armor is an armor of light.
You could look at the kingdom like this:
The kingdom of God is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. (Rom 14:17)
The kingdom is God’s authority, dominion in us to rule and reign.
The righteousness is our position. We are right with God, as if we never sinned.
The peace is our covenant. Sealed in the blood of Jesus and the Holy Spirit. It is greater than a promise.
The joy is the anointing. The anointing destroys all yokes and bondages.
The rest of that scripture says, For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.
Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
Did you catch that we are to SERVE the Lord with righteousness, peace and joy IN the Holy Spirit. God and MAN approve us of when we serve God in the Kingdom. Then it says we are to follow after things (righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit) THAT MAKE FOR PEACE! Wow that is a very revealing scripture. Look at the next scripture. God wants us to serve us in Righteousness.
And hath raised up (Jesus)
That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;
To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;
… That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear, In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life. (Luke 1:69-75)
1. Peace gives us strength and in Ps 29:11 The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace. But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace. (Ps 37:11)
2. Peace gives us all we need to do God’s will. Now the God of peace, … through the blood of the everlasting covenant, Make you perfect in every good work to do his will
Because God has made you perfect in every good work to do His will, you will not be lacking in anything. (Heb 13:20)
3. Peace draws us near God. But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.14: For he is our peace…15: Having abolished … even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself … one new man, so making peace; This shows us that Jesus fulfilled the Old Testament commandments and made the new command, LOVE. (Eph 2:14-15)
Jesus preached PEACE. The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all) (Acts 10:36)
Jesus is lord over all sickness, disease, lack, fear, and death. He has authority over those things and He uses us to change them on earth and bring PEACE and JOY and RIGHTEOUSNESS instead.
Here are a few examples to show you how our feet have authority on earth.
And it shall come to pass, as soon as the soles of the feet of the priests that bear the ark of the LORD, the Lord of all the earth, shall rest in the waters of Jordan, that the waters of Jordan shall be cut off from the waters that come down from above; and they shall stand upon an heap. (Josh 3:13)
Come near, put your feet upon the necks of these kings (Josh 10:24)
And Moses sware on that day, saying, Surely the land whereon thy feet have trodden shall be thine inheritance (Josh 14:9)
Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: (Ps 8:6)
He shall subdue the people under us, and the nations under our feet. (Ps 47:3)
Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet (Ps 91:13)
Jesus preached peace and demonstrated peace. Acts 10:36, The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace. Eph 2:17, And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
The kingdom of God is PEACE IN the HOLY SPIRIT, which you can see, in the next scripture.
… then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. (now He gives them the Holy Spirit to bring peace and have peace) …, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost (John 20:21)
Take a look at this next scripture. By it you can see if you are really in faith.
Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in
hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost. (Rom15:13) If you are believing the word, you will be full of joy and peace. If you are full of anything else but joy and peace, you are not believing. Spend time praying IN the Holy Spirit (tongues).
Peace happens when the kingdom lives in a person through the Holy Spirit in the new creation. In this next scripture, Jesus tells all the things that happened to a city because they didn’t receive Him. This is just like people today when they don’t accept salvation. Jesus says how they could have had peace and avoided the problems by knowing when He visited them. Today in revival, many people will miss God because they will say, “What strange things are happening. That must not be God.”
And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it,
Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the THINGS WHICH BELONG TO YOUR PEACE! but now they are hid from thine eyes. (now you don’t have the power to change these circumstance that are going to happen to you.)
For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side, And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation (Luke 19:42)
Don’t you be a religious person and miss God’s visitation to you, so your eyes are closed to the power Jesus died for you to have. YOU know the time of your visitation.
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men. Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another. (Rom 14:17)
It is edifying and uplifting for each other when we take the power of God and bring peace and joy by healing the sick, raising the dead, casting out demons and preaching the good news to the poor.
Peace is substance and power
And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you. (Matt 10:13)
Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost. (Rom 15:13)
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid (John 14:27)
Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, (2 Pet 1:2)
Instruction on peace
1….seek peace, and pursue it. (Ps 34:14)
2. Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. (Eph 4:3)
3. Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them. (Ps 119:165)
4. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you. (Phil 4:9)
5. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. (John 14:27)
6. These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. (John 16:33)
7…. but a new creature. And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God (knowing who you are in Christ gives you peace. (Gal 6:16)
8. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. (Col 3:15)
9. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord. (Heb 12:14)
10. Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. Is 48:18 O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea. (2 Pet 3:14)
11. And seek the peace of the city whither I have caused you to be carried away …and pray unto the LORD for it: for in the peace thereof shall ye have peace. (Jer 29:7,11)
12. And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? (Jms 2:16)
13. For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace. (Is 55:12)
14. Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost. (Rom 15:13)
Peace is Prosperity
And thou hast removed my soul far off from peace: I forgot prosperity (Is 66:12)
For thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees (Lam 3:17)
Behold, I will bring it health and cure, and I will cure them, and will reveal unto them the abundance of peace and truth…And it shall be to me a name of joy, a praise and an honour before all the nations of the earth, which shall hear all the good that I do unto them: and they shall fear and tremble for all the goodness and for all the prosperity that I procure unto it… (Jer 33:6-9)
Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant. 28: And my tongue shall speak of thy righteousness and of thy praise all the day long. (Ps 35:27, 28)
Peace for end times
The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts. (Hag 2:9)
Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. (2 Pet 3:12-14)
@2012 Robin Bremer www.Robinbremer.netGoogle+